Are you getting QuickBooks error H505? Then, this blog will be helpful as it will give you in-depth knowledge on error, its causes and solutions. The error shows up on the screen when the user tries to switch QuickBooks into multi-user mode. The user encounters the error with a message, “This company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.” The error usually occurs when the firewall blocks the connection between QuickBooks and the server. Continue reading for more information.
If you need a professional’s help to tackle QuickBooks error H505, then dial our customer support number 1-(800)-579-9430 and talk to the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: quickbooks error 6175 0
What triggers QuickBooks error H505?
Following are some possible causes behind the error:
- There is some damage or corruption in the company file.
- Incorrect firewall and security settings.
- Hosting configuration settings are inappropriate.
Now, proceed to the troubleshooting steps given below.
Most Effective Methods to Fix QuickBooks error H505
The troubleshooting methods discussed below will help you resolve the error:
Method 1. Disable Multi-User Access
Follow these steps and stop hosting multi-user access on workstations as the server computer should be the one hosting the company file:
- Open QuickBooks.
- Go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Select the Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option. If the option is not visible, go to another workstation, this workstation is not causing the problem.
- Now, move to the server computer.
- Select the Host Multi-User Access option.
- Reopen QuickBooks.
If the solution given above didn’t work, proceed to the next one.
Method 2. Check firewall settings
The steps given below will help you add QuickBooks to firewall exceptions:
- Select the Windows Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search field and open Windows Firewall.
- Select Advanced Settings.
- Right-click Inbound Rules and select New Rule.
- Select Port and then select Next.
- Don’t forget to select TCP.
- From the Specific local ports field, enter the specific ports needed for the QuickBooks year version you are using.
- After entering the port number, click Next.
- Mark Allow the connection option and click Next.
- Ensure all the profiles are selected.
- Next, create a new rule and name it “QBPorts(year).”
- Click Finish.
- Now, follow the above steps again and create Outbound Rules.
We hope the solutions mentioned in the blog help you fix QuickBooks error H505. If the error continues, contact the QuickBooks support team by calling us on our toll-free number 1-(800)-579-9430. They will assist you with advanced troubleshooting for the same.