If you received QuickBooks error message 1904 while working and opening the software, then it is because of the damaged Microsoft. The error pops up on the screen with a message, “Error 1904: [file path / name / extension] failed to register.” The error message also displays the file that is causing the QuickBooks Enterprise error 1904. You might also get QuickBooks error code 1904 due to damaged C++ files. This blog is all about acquainting users with QuickBooks error 1904, its causes and solutions, so read carefully till the end.
If you are looking for an immediate solution to fix QuickBooks error 1904, then call us on our helpline number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from the certified QuickBooks expert’s team.
You may also read: QuickBooks Error 6073
What are the causes behind QuickBooks error 1904?
There are several reasons behind the error. Take a look at some of them given below:
- Using an outdated version of QuickBooks.
- Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework and MSXML.
- Partial or corrupt installation of QuickBooks.
Let us walk you through the troubleshooting procedure given in the blog.
Quick Troubleshooting Solutions for QuickBooks error 1904
The steps given below will help you get rid of the error:
Solution 1. Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
You need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub to use the Install Diagnostic tool. The steps given below will help you do so:
- Close QuickBooks.
- Get the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to Downloads and open theQuickBooksToolHub.exe file you have downloaded.
- Follow the prompt steps to install the application and agree to the terms and conditions.
- When the install completes, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will appear on your desktop.
- Open the tool hub by double-clicking on its icon.
- Select Installation Issues.
- Click QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool.
- Let the tool run.
- Restart your workstation after the tool finishes.
If you still see problems, try the next solution.
Solution 2. Reinstall .NET Framework
To fix the damage, install the .NET Framework again using the steps given below:
- Press Windows + R keys together on your keyboard.
- When the Run window opens, type ‘appwiz.cpl’ in the box.
- Select Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Search Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 and click on Uninstall.
- After uninstall completes, restart your computer.
- Now, write ‘appwiz.cpl’ within the Run box, and move to Add/Remove programs or Programs and Features window.
- Click Add/Remove programs.
- Choose .NET Framework in the Windows Feature and locate Microsoft .NET 3.5.
- Select both options.
- Click OK and install the MS .NET Framework 3.5.
- In the end, click Finish.
We tried our best to help you resolve QuickBooks error 1904. Hopefully, the solutions given in the blog helped you fix the issue. If you face any trouble performing the steps, call us on our customer support number (1.800.579.9430) and get assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.