Want to improve the functionality of the basic payroll service, but every time you try to download the latest updates of it in QuickBooks Desktop, QuickBooks error PS060 pops up on the computer screen? If affirmative, make sure to read this post until the end to know why it takes place and what you need to do to rectify it.
You might be seeing an error message of the error code PS060 stating, “Current Enhanced Payroll Service is Unavailable.”
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error PS060 without putting in much effort? If yes, feel free to speak to our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800.583.0572.
What can be the reasons prompting error PS060 in QuickBooks?
Error PS060 in QuickBooks gets triggered when the version of the QuickBooks Desktop is outdated. There are other reasons also, such as:
- The security settings of Defender Firewall are preventing QuickBooks Desktop from connecting to the internet.
What should you do to rectify QuickBooks error PS060?
Solution 1) Install the latest updates of the QuickBooks Desktop using the administrator account
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows icon key on the keyboard.
- Into the search column, type “QuickBooks” and find the version of the QuickBooks in the search results.
- Right-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub and select the Run as administrator option.
- Click on the Help menu located at the upper menu bar in QuickBooks Desktop.
- Select the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down list.
- Go to the Options tab and click on the Mark All option.
- Move on to the Update Now tab, select the Reset Updates checkbox, and click on the Get Updates option.
- Exit QuickBooks Desktop.
- Reopen QuickBooks Desktop and click the OK button on the update installer prompt.
- Once you are done installing the QuickBooks updates, restart the computer.
Solution 2) For QuickBooks Desktop, configure the security settings of Defender Firewall
- Open the Start menu by pressing the Windows key on the keyboard.
- Into the search column, type “Firewall” and select Windows Defender Firewall from the search results.
- From the left pane, select the Advanced settings option.
- Right-click the Inbound Rules option and choose the New Rule option.
- Choose the Port option and click on the Next button.
- Select the TCP option.
- In the Specific local ports column, enter the port number required for the version of the QuickBooks Desktop you have.
- Click on the “Next” button.
- Choose Allow the Connection option and click on the “Next” button.
- Select all the profiles as prompted and click on the “Next” button.
- Make a new rule with the name QBPorts (year).
- Click on the “Finish” button.
- Repeat the steps mentioned above to create outbound rules, except select Outbound Rules rather than Inbound Rules.
If QuickBooks error PS060 still occurs even after following both the troubleshooting solutions mentioned in the post above, then there is a possibility that the billing information in QuickBooks Desktop is incorrect due to which your payroll service got expired. Therefore, we suggest you update the billing information in QuickBooks Desktop and check if this fixes the error. For further troubleshooting assistance fixing the update error PS060, contact our QuickBooks professionals at 800.583.0572.