QuickBooks, known for its adaptability to needs quality, is the world’s leading accounting and financing software used by hundreds and thousands of businesses to take care of their regular accounting activities. Developed by Intuit, QuickBooks has several features and tools that help invoicing customers, paying bills, generating financial reports, filing taxes, payroll, and many more. Despite being so advanced and advantageous, using QuickBooks is vulnerable to errors and technical glitches, just like other accounting applications. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error, which usually occurs when a user tries to connect to the company file, located on another computer at a different place, from any of the workstations. There can be numerous reasons behind the existence of such a multi-user error that we aim to discuss with you alongside the solutions through this post.
Are you looking for immediate troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572).
What are the reasons causing QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error?
QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error usually gets triggered when the QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not set up to function on the host computer. However, there can be several other reasons, such as follows:
- The Windows Firewall Defender is not letting QuickBooks Desktop connect to the internet connection.
What should you do to rectify the QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error?
Solution 1) From the QuickBooks Tool Hub application, run the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
- On the server computer, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the most recent version (188.8.131.52).
- Select the downloaded installer named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the instructions you see on the computer screen.
- To complete the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Double-click the icon of QuickBooks Tool Hub to open the application.
- Select the Network Issues tab at the left panel.
- Under the Fix My Network section, select the QuickBooks Database Server Manager button.
- Click on the Browse button to select the QuickBooks company file and then choose the Start Scan button.
- Once the database server manager is done scanning the company file, choose the Close button.
- Now, open the QuickBooks Desktop application and try to switch it to multi-user mode.
Solution 2) Configure the security settings of Firewall Defender for QuickBooks Desktop
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
- Type “Windows Firewall” into the search column and then open Windows Firewall Defender.
- From the left panel, select the Advanced Settings option.
- Right-click on Inbound Rules and then choose the New Rule option.
- Select the Port option and then click on the Next button.
- On the New Inbound Rule Wizard window, choose the TCP option.
- In the Specific local ports: field, enter the port number as per the QuickBooks version year you are using.
- Click on the Next button.
- Choose the Allow the Connection option and then click on the Next button.
- If prompted, checkmark all the profiles and then click on the Next button.
- Create a new rule with the name QBPorts(version year).
- Once you are finished creating inbound rules, click on the Finish button.
Now, create outbound rules for QuickBooks by following the steps mentioned above in the same order, except you need to choose Outbound Rules instead of Inbound Rules.
If QuickBooks multi-user mode not working error persists even after implementing both the troubleshooting solutions explained in the above post, then there are high chances that the server computer is failing to connect to the workstation because of some network connectivity issues. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub on the host computer and see whether this rectifies the error or not. For furthermore troubleshooting guidance fixing the multi-user error, don’t hesitate to contact our QuickBooks professionals at the toll-free number 800-583-0572