QuickBooks is a perfect software tool for middle to small-sized businesses to address and procure their accounting needs. It has made quite a name for itself in the industry owing to its automated solutions and 24*7 customer support. However, errors and bugs continue to make a user’s daily operations extremely difficult. That’s why we will discuss QuickBooks error OL-233 in this blog and how you can fix it like a pro. A little about the issue, The users often face the error while trying to update their bank feeds in the QB application. Its error message states – “QuickBooks was not able to complete your request, Error OL-233”.
On a different note, if you feel the requirement of some external assistance to take out the error, call on the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 anytime.
Causes Behind the QuickBooks Desktop Error OL-233
We know that the error OL-233 in QuickBooks arises due to a connectivity failure with the bank’s website. Below are mentioned the reasons likely behind the failure.
- Common Internet connectivity issues.
- The Bank’s server is down or under maintenance.
- Data damage or corruption in the QuickBooks company file.
- The unsupported format of the import file when updating bank feeds manually in QuickBooks Desktop.
- When the bank account you are trying to connect is inactive
- When you are not working with the latest QuickBooks or Windows OS release
The issue can be resolved if you could find out the cause (either of the above) and act on it by following the solutions mentioned in the next segment.
What are the solutions you could try to rectify the QuickBooks error OL-233?
There are multiple resolving methods to fix the QuickBooks bank connection error OL-233 in no time. Let’s check out some of them.
Solution- 1: Enable the TLS 1.2
If the QuickBooks is installed improperly or in a corrupted manner, it needs to be repaired by following the steps mentioned below.
- Before you use this method, ensure that your IE is updated to the latest version.
- Open IE and click on the Gear icon.
- Click on Internet options.
- Below the Advanced tab, hit on Security options.
- Ensure that checkbox against TLS 1.0 is unchecked and that besides TLS 1.2 is checked.
- Hit on Apply and with Ok confirm the changes.
If you are still getting the error, go to the next solution.
Solution- 2: Update the QuickBooks Desktop
If there are any issues with the obsolete QuickBooks application, simply download the latest update to fix them.
- Right-click on the QB icon on the desktop and choose the Run as administrator option.
- If prompted, enter the admin user name and password of QuickBooks Desktop.
- On the No Company Open window, go to the Help menu.
- Choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option from the drop-down menu.
- On the Options tab, click on the Mark All option.
- Go to the Update Now tab, select the Reset Update checkbox, and then click on the Get Updates option.
Restart QuickBooks Desktop and select the Yes option on the update installer pop-up.
Here we would like to conclude our blog on the QuickBooks error OL-233. We hope that you find the information here relevant to your queries. However, if you can’t resolve the issue even after completing the solutions, feel free to call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 anytime.