As a QuickBooks user, have you ever come across QuickBooks has stopped working error? If, fortunately, the answer is no, then let us inform you that it often arises when a user tries to open QuickBooks Desktop. The error prompt pops up on the computer screen with an error message, which states, “A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.” Resolving such a crash error as quickly as possible is imperative for users because ignoring it for a while can damage the QuickBooks Desktop application and company data. Considering the complexity of QuickBooks has stopped working error, we have come up with this post to discuss with you the reasons that cause it and the solutions to fix it.
Want to get over QuickBooks has stopped working error without going through the tedious troubleshooting procedures? If yes, feel free to contact our QuickBooks error support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons behind the existence of QuickBooks has crashed error?
Generally, QuickBooks has crashed error arises when there are some complications with the program files of QuickBooks Desktop. However, there can be other reasons also, like as follows:
- Any installation file of the QuickBooks Desktop is either damaged or corrupted.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks has stopped working error?
Solution 1) Get the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and run the QuickBooks Fix my Program tool
- At first, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (220.127.116.11) on the computer.
- Choose the downloaded file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the instructions you see on the screen to install it.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and choose the Open option.
- From the left panel, choose the Program Problems tab.
- Under the Fix My Program section, select the Quick Fix my Program option and let the tool run.
Solution 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application by double-clicking on its icon.
- From the left panel, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Under the Fix My Installation Issues section, select the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool button and let the tool run.
- Once the tool finishes fixing the installation files, you need to restart the computer.
If you can’t get rid of QuickBooks has stopped working error even after following all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, then there are high chances the QuickBooks program file QBWUSER.INI is either damaged or corrupted. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to manually rename the QBWUSER.INI file and see whether this rectifies the error or not. You can also ask for additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the QuickBooks crash error from our technical support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.