There is no doubt that QuickBooks Desktop is an amazing accounting application used by thousands of mid-sized enterprises and solopreneurs to take care of day-to-day financing and bookkeeping activities. One of the most interesting parts about QuickBooks Desktop is that Intuit releases a new version of it with more features and enhanced functionality every year. Despite being so advanced and perfectly designed, QuickBooks Desktop is not free from errors and technical glitches. In recent days, we have been noticed that many users face QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue while trying to work with QuickBooks Desktop. Resolving such a crashing issue as soon as possible is imperative for users as ignoring it for a while can grievously damage the company data. Therefore, we have come up with this post to discuss the reasons that usually trigger QuickBooks crashing error along with the solutions to get over it.
Recommemded to Read :- QuickBooks error 15106
Need instant troubleshooting assistance fixing QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical expert team at the toll-free number (800)-583-0572.
What can be the reasons causing QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue?
Down below, we have mentioned all the reasons that can trigger QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue:
- There are some complications with the QuickBooks program files.
- The QuickBooks Desktop application installed on the computer is completely damaged.
What are the best solutions to get over QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue?
Solution 1) Get the QuickBooks Desktop repaired for Microsoft Windows
- Press the Windows key on the keyboard to select the Start menu.
- Type “appwiz.cpl” into the search box and open appwiz.cpl.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop version that needs to be repaired and select it.
- Click on the Repair option and then choose the Next button.
- Once Windows is done repairing QuickBooks Desktop, choose the Finish button.
Solution 2) Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
Step 1) Uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop application from the system
- On the keyboard, press Windows + R keys altogether to open the Run command window.
- Type “Control Panel” in the Run window and then click on the OK button.
- In the control panel, select the Programs and Features option.
- Look for the QuickBooks Desktop program in the list of programs and select it.
- Select the Uninstall option and then click on the Next button.
Step 2) From the QuickBooks Tool Hub application, run the Clean Install tool
- At first, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub application of the latest release (188.8.131.52) on the computer.
- Click on the downloaded installer named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- To finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing, agree to the terms and conditions.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub application and then select the Installation Issues tab from the left panel.
- Click on the Clean Install Tool option and then hit the OK button.
- Choose the QuickBooks version and product version that you have uninstalled in step 1.
- Click on the Continue button.
- Once the message “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location” pops up on the screen, select the OK button.
Step 3) Reinstall the QuickBooks Desktop application
- Download the installation file of the QuickBooks version year you are using.
- Open the downloaded QuickBooks installer and install it by following the on-screen instructions.
- Register QuickBooks Desktop with the help of the license and product information.
If QuickBooks app keeps crashing issue persists even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there might be some viruses or malware on the computer interrupting QuickBooks Desktop from performing any action. Therefore, our suggestion for you is to scan the computer using any antivirus application and see whether this fixes the issue or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving QuickBooks crashing issue, feel free to speak to our technical expert team at the toll-free number (800)-583-0572.