Today, QuickBooks has a massive presence in the accounting industry. Being used by hundreds and thousands of businesses, QuickBooks makes the management of almost all accounting activities much easier. However, there is nothing wrong in saying that QuickBooks is not an ideal application because of its vulnerability to errors and technical glitches. In this post, we are going to talk about QuickBooks error 6000 77, which occurs when a user tries to open the company file in the QuickBooks Desktop application. There can be several reasons behind such a company file error that we will discuss with you along with their solutions further in this post.
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks error 6000 77 without breaking a sweat? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical experts at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.
What can be the reasons behind the existence of QuickBooks error code 6000 77?
Usually, QuickBooks error code 6000 77 gets triggered when there are complications with the company file itself. Although, there can be other reasons also, like as follows:
- The Windows Firewall is blocking QuickBooks Desktop from performing the required action.
What are the best troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks error 6000 77?
Solution 1) Run the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download QuickBooks Tool Hub of the latest version (22.214.171.124) and locate it on the Windows desktop.
- Select the installation file named QuickBooksToolHub.exe and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
- In QuickBooks Tool Hub, select the Company File Issues tab at the left pane.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor and then choose the company file from the drop-down list.
- Choose Check your file and then hit the Continue button.
- Type in QuickBooks admin password and then choose Next.
Solution 2) Configure the Windows Firewall settings for QuickBooks Desktop
- Select the Windows Start menu, type “Windows Firewall” in the search box, and open Windows Firewall.
- Choose the Advanced Settings option from the left panel.
- Right-click the Inbound Rules option and select the New Rule option.
- Select Port and then hit the Next button.
- Checkmark the TCP checkbox and then type the port number as per the version of QuickBooks Desktop in the Specific local ports: field.
- Hit the Next button.
- Select the Allow the Connection option and then hit the Next button.
- If prompted, ensure to checkmark all profiles and then select Next.
- Create a new rule and give it a name in the following format: “QBPorts(year).”
- At last, hit the Finish button.
If QuickBooks error 6000 77 still occurs even after following the troubleshooting solutions explained above in the post, then there are high chances that the QuickBooks is unable to locate the company file on the computer. Therefore, our suggestion for you is manually open the company file in QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. You can also get the company file error fixed immediately by speaking to our QuickBooks support team at the toll-free number 800-583-0572.