There is no doubt that QuickBooks Desktop is an excellent application for businesses to manage daily accounting accountings, including organizing income and expenses, tracking the cash flow, generating financial reports, completing tax files, etc. However, it is also true that QuickBooks, just like other accounting applications, is also vulnerable to errors and technical bugs. One such error is QuickBooks Event ID 4 error that a user can face while trying to make changes to the company file in QuickBooks Desktop. Resolving company file errors as quickly as possible is necessary for users because ignoring them for a while can grievously damage the company data and affect the business operations negatively. With this post, we aim to provide you with the reasons that trigger the Event ID 4 error along with the troubleshooting solutions.
A user might see one of the following error messages with the error pop-up:
“An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020”: WPR: calling ABORT_CLOSE”
“An unexpected error has occurred in “QuickBooks: Premier Accountant Edition 2020”:WPR: validation failed.”
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks Error 1904
Are you looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get over QuickBooks Event ID 4 error without breaking a sweat? If yes, feel free to speak to our technical experts at the toll-free number 800.583.0572 .
What can be the reasons behind the existence of QuickBooks Event ID 4 error?
Generally, QuickBooks Event ID 4 error gets triggered when any program or installation files of QuickBooks Desktop get damaged.
What are the troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks Event ID 4 error?
Solution: Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop using the Clean Install tool
Step 1) Manually reinstall QuickBooks Desktop from the computer
- On the keyboard, press the Windows logo and R keys to open the Run window.
- In the Run window, enter “appwiz.cpl” and then click on the OK button.
- From the list of applications, select the QuickBooks Desktop version that needs to be reinstalled.
- Click on the Uninstall tab and then choose the Next button.
Step 2) From QuickBooks Tool Hub, run the Clean Install tool
- Get QuickBooks Tool Hub of the most recent version (126.96.36.199) from Intuit’s official website and save it on the desktop.
- Click on the installation file you downloaded (QuickBooksToolHub.exe) and follow the steps mentioned on the screen.
- Finish the QuickBooks Tool Hub installing by agreeing to the terms and conditions.
- Double-select the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon to open the application.
- At the left pane, choose the Installation Issues tab.
- Click on the Clean Install Tool button and then choose the OK button.
- Choose the QuickBooks version and product version.
- At last, select the OK button at the pop-up that appears on the screen.
Now, download the QuickBooks Desktop version you use from Intuit’s website and install it following the onscreen steps. Thereafter, register QuickBooks Desktop using the license and product information.
If QuickBooks Event ID 4 error persists even after following the aforementioned troubleshooting solutions, then our recommendation for you is to scan the computer using any security application. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the company file error, feel free to speak to our technical experts at 800.583.0572.