QuickBooks Abort Error requests users to abort QuickBooks. The error can show up on multiple occasions and while performing various tasks. Hence, the error can take you by surprise, leaving you with very few options. Abort Error can show up because of various causes leaving it hard to pinpoint a particular reason. This blog will discuss the causes as well as some solutions to deal with this error. After reading this blog, you’ll be confident in resolving this error.
To learn more regarding the Abort Error, you can always get in touch with the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844-888-4666).
Reasons For QuickBooks Desktop Abort Error
There are a lot of reasons responsible for this error. This makes it obvious for you to know the causes, as that’ll make it easier for you to resolve this error. Go through the reasons given below:
- Corrupt or missing QBWUSER.INI files.
- A corrupt hard drive or standard hardware faults can make the company file inaccessible for the system that could lead to this error.
- Windows or third-party firewall settings can block QuickBooks connection that can very well cause the Abort Error.
- Weak internet connection.
- Any damage in the installation of QuickBooks and Windows operating system.
Now that you are sound of the causes, you can quickly understand and figure out a solution. Solutions are discussed in the next section.
Solutions For QuickBooks Abort Error Message
There are tons of methods that can resolve this error. Since the causes are multiple, there are certainly some solutions that you can try. There’s no best answer. A solution that fixes your problem is required. Hence, it’s best to know the cause of your error before trying any of the solutions. Some methods are discussed below:
Solution 1: Check Hosting Options On The Server And Workstation
It’s crucial to verify the hosting options on the server, and the workstation, as these configurations could very well be the reason for an error. Implement the measures stated below:
- Open QuickBooks on the Server Computer and click on Utilities under the File tab.
- Verify that hosting is on. Select Host Multi-User Access option and turn on hosting, if it gets displayed
- Open QuickBooks on the Workstation.
- Click on Utilities under the File tab.
- Select Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option, if displayed. Disable hosting multi-user access.
- Once the Host Multi-User Access option appears, attempt to open the company file.
If these steps aren’t your solution, go through the next set of steps given below.
Solution 2: Rename QuickBooks Network Data File
Sometimes the corrupt or damaged network can trigger this error. To resolve this situation, it’s best to rename those files. Follow the measures given below:
- Open QuickBooks installation directory and find the .ND file with the company name.
- Right-click on the file and choose Rename.
- Append .OLD at the end of the filename. Now, save it.
The blog covers the solutions and causes for QuickBooks Abort Error. There are certainly some other solutions that you can try, which are turn off the power saver on the server, run verify and rebuild data utility, restart the server and system, and set up QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
To know more about the support on this error, contact the QuickBooks Professional Team at (844-888-4666).