QuickBooks Error 6123 is a company file error triggered while opening, updating, or restoring a company file. Various causes can trigger the error. You can easily fix the error if you identify the cause of the error and then find the most suitable solution to fix it. The information given below in this article describes the causes and the solutions to the error. Read the article until the end to know how to troubleshoot the error by yourself.
Recommended to Read :- QuickBooks Error 6000 83
If you need help with the troubleshooting, dial (844)-932-1139 and get immediate help from a QuickBooks Professional.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6123
If the error is triggered while restoring the company file from another device, it may be possible that the file is not portable and cannot be restored in an external location. Other causes of the error are provided below:
- Damage in the company file.
- QuickBooks program is corrupted.
- The file is stored in an external storage device.
Few causes are inevitable. You can prevent some errors from getting triggered. The causes of the error given above inevitable. You can only fix the error by finding an appropriate solution for the error.
Troubleshooting Methods to QuickBooks Error code 6123
In many cases, the error gets triggered because you are trying to restore a backup file that is saved in external storage. You need to drag and drop the file to your local storage to restore the file. Other solutions to the listed causes are explained below:
1.Run File Doctor
The error is generally triggered due to damaged company files or network issues. Running QuickBooks File Doctor will fix the error. The instructions to run QuickBooks File Doctor are listed below:
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub app.
- Click the Company File Issues tab.
- Then select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
- After that, choose the company file from the drop-down menu.
- Select the Browse and search button if you don’t see the file in the drop-down list.
- Click the check your file button and select Continue.
- Finally, type the QuickBooks admin password and click Continue.
2.Quick Fix my Program
Corruption in the QuickBooks Program can trigger the error as well. You can run Quick Fix my program to resolve the error. follow the steps give below to run Quick Fix my Program:
- Choose the Program Problems tab in QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Click QuickFix my Program.
- Wait for the repair to complete.
- Open QuickBooks again to check if the error is resolved.
This article aims to explain the causes and the solutions to QuickBooks Error 6123. The solutions given above include running the file doctor and QuickFix my Program tool. The error can get triggered if the file you are trying to restore is not portable and stored in an external storage drive. You need to create a portable file in that case. Dial (844)-932-1139 if you have any doubts related to the article or the error.