As a QuickBooks user, have you ever come across QuickBooks error 15241? If, fortunately, not, then let us inform you that it usually occurs while attempting to update payroll to the latest tax tables. The error code shows up on the computer screen with an error message: “The payroll update did not complete successfully.” Resolving an update error as soon as possible is essential for users because with every update, the all-inclusive efficiency and productivity gets improved. Therefore, we have come up with his post to discuss why error 15241 arises in the first place and how you can get over it.
Looking for instant troubleshooting assistance to get the QuickBooks error 15241 fixed? If yes, feel free to speak to our professional technical team at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).
What are the reasons due to which QuickBooks error code 15241 arises?
Down below, we have mentioned all the potential reasons that can trigger QuickBooks error code 15241:
- The File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop is not enabled.
- Outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
What are the ways to rectify QuickBooks error 15241?
Solution 1) Enable the File Copy Service of QuickBooks Desktop
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to choose the Start menu.
- Into the search box, enter “Computer” and right-click This PC from the list of the search results.
- Select the Manage option.
- From the left pane of the screen, choose the Services and Applications option.
- From the right pane of the screen, double-select Services.
- Double-select Intuit QuickBooks FCS from the list of services.
- Go to the General tab, select the Startup type menu, and then choose the Manual option from the drop-down list.
- Choose the Apply button.
- Select the Start button and then click on the OK button.
Solution 2) Use the administrator account to update QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release
- On the keyboard, press the Windows key to select the Start menu.
- Into the search column, enter “QuickBooks” and look for the QuickBooks Desktop version you use in the search esults.
- Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon and then select the Run as administrator option.
- When prompted, type in the QuickBooks admin password.
- On the keyboard, press Windows and E keys at the same time to open File Explorer.
- Open the C: drive and navigate to the following path: Users\Public\Public Documents\Intuit\QuickBooks\Company Files.
- Find the file with the .QBW extension in the folder and right-click on it.
- On the keyboard, press & hold the Alt key and at the same time, select the Open option.
- On the No Company Open screen, choose the Help menu located at the top menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, choose the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
- Go to the Options tab and select the Mark All button.
- Move on to the Update Now tab, select the Reset Updates checkbox, and then click on the Get Updates button.
- Restart QuickBooks Desktop and select the Yes option when a prompt pops up on the screen asking for your permission to install the downloaded updates.
Even after implementing all the troubleshooting solutions mentioned above in the post, if QuickBooks error 15241 persists, then there might be some internet connectivity issues due to which QuickBooks fails to connect to the update server. Our recommendation for you is to restart the wi-fi set up to ensure a stable internet connection for QuickBooks Desktop and see whether this fixes the error or not. For additional troubleshooting assistance resolving the payroll update error, feel free to speak to our professional QuickBooks team at the toll-free number (844-888-4666).