QuickBooks is the platform for business to small-sized businesses to carry out automated solutions for their daily-to-daily workplace accounting tasks. With its ever-innovating interface, tools, and a dedicated 24*7 customer support, we can say that its users get a cost-for-value deal in most of the cases. However, there are some instances where issues like QuickBooks unable to backup company file error present a state of confusion. The users create a backup copy of the data file to prevent the data loss in case of damage to the company file, corruption of data or accidental deletion via human error. However, there are times when the users face problems while backing up the company file. So let’s clear it out by discussing it in detail.
On a different note, if you require any assistance to resolve the error, contact to the best QB support by dialing the toll-free number (844)-932-1139 anytime.
Reasons behind why QuickBooks backup freezes
The error can occur due to numerous reasons and some of them are mentioned below.
- There is a shortage of space on the hard disk to store the backup file.
- The backup path assigned to the file is faulty.
- The company file exceeds the 3GB limit.
- The name of the company file exceeds the 65 character limit.
- The company file is damaged.
After stating the possible reasons behind the issue, let’s find out some troubleshooting steps to fix it in the next segment.
What are the solutions to take out the QuickBooks unable to backup company file error
Below are mentioned the steps that will help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks 2018 unable to backup company file error message.
Solution- 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the corrupted installation is interrupting your backup process, follow the steps mentioned below to resolve it. Make sure that you have QuickBooks Tool Hub installed on your system. If you don’t, download it from the Intuit’s website and install it.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and select Installation Issues tab.
- Click on QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait for it to fix the issues.
Try to backup your company file now. If you still can’t do it, go to the next solution.
Solution- 2: Rename the Network Data file
The network data file is very important for good connectivity between the server and workstations. But when it is damaged, you need to rename it through the steps mentioned below.
- Go to My Computer and follow the file path – C:\ Users\ Public\ Public Documents\ Intuit\ QuickBooks\ Company File.
- Search for the files with .ND extension.
- Right-click on the file and select the Rename option.
- .Add .GHY extension in the end and press Enter to save the changes.
Reopen QuickBooks and try to backup the company file again.
Here comes the end of our blog on the troubleshooting methods for QuickBooks unable to backup company file error. We hope that the information provided on the blog helps you to overcome the issue. On a different note, if that doesn’t happen, feel free to call on the helpline number (844)-932-1139 to get professional assistance on the issue.